The fishery rules at Butterswood Lodge.
We believe that these regulations are imperative to the welfare and safe keeping of both our fish and our visiting anglers and guests. We would kindly request these regulations are strictly adhered to. Anglers are requested not to be offended as regular checks of adherence with these regulations will be carried out.
If anyone is found to be in breach of these regulations, we reserve the right to request that they leave the premises immediately, and risk being refused entry in the future.
- Only feed pellets purchased from Butterswood Lodge
- No barbed hooks / maximum hook size 12
- No fixed feeders or leads and a lower diameter hook length must be used at all times
- No boilies or tiger nuts
- No sacking of Carp
- No braid
- No tins on the bank
- No dogs allowed
- No swimming or entering the water
- No fires, No litter and No radios or music
- All cigarette butts must be picked up and taken off site
- No luncheon meat
- No cat or dog meat
- Maximum of 1 rod per person
- No night fishing
- No keep nets on site
- All landing nets must be disinfected in the stations at the car park prior to and after use
- No fishing equipment to be left out or unattended
- No children under the age of 16 at the lakeside without an adult present
- No dry cloths or towels when handling the fish
- Unhooking mats must be used at all times
- All fish must be returned to the water as quickly as possible, please take extra care with Barbel (request assistance if required)
- Please respect your fellow anglers, anyone behaving unsportsmanlike will be asked to leave
Neither Butterswood Lodge or Ian Holden or Annette Anderson shall be held responsible for any injury to yourself, loss, damage or theft of property however caused. All cars are parked at the owners risk.
We hope that you enjoy Butterswood as much as we do and would kindly ask that you respect our property so that others can enjoy the experience the same.